Saturday 6/25 @ 9am-1pm: Hoosier CrossFit will be set up at the Saturday Farmers market for the health fair! 9-10am: FREE workout for Newbies! 10-11am On-Ramp WOD. 11-Noon: Team WOD. Noon-1pm: FREE workout! Come out and support your CrossFit family! MORE INFO
Yesterday evening officially began our MOD days- Music Of the Day– special thanks to the idea from Bryce W. Here is how it works:
1. Each day we will have our MOD posted on the blog- we will be building a play list for every day of the week, all based upon member requests.
2. Members will request Artists, not genres, and these requests can be made by email or whiteboard in the gym.
3. We can work together to make sure that genres are constantly varied to suit every body’s tastes.Everyday will be a totally different type of music.. . Constantly varied.. CROSSFIT!
4. We will use Grooveshark or Pandora as a good medium, simply by creating channels titled by the name of the artists requested. Members can also bring with them iPod play lists or Cd’s when they know their day is coming up.
5. At the beginning of the WOD, whoever requested the artist could briefly explain why they like them and why they think it would make good WOD music.
MOD:Disco Jams– Eric G.
AMRAP in 15 min. of 2-3 weaknesses.
(Pick 1 strength component to this goat- which ever movement you have missed this week- deadlift, front squat, push jerk)
Oly-lifting: Power Snatch – 95% x 5, 90% x 5
Snatch pull – 95% x 8, 90% x 8
Hang muscle snatch – 95% x 5, 90% x 5
Endurance:10 min row warmup
Tabata Row OR Run: 20:10 x 8- all out efforts